July 14th, 2014
Valley First Challenge Penticton and Benjamin Moore True Colours Roll Out The Red Carpet!
Valley First Challenge Penticton Canada and Benjamin Moore True Colours is calling on local businesses and community to welcome our 2014 athletes to the South Okanagan. To welcome athletes, their family and friends and to experience the Community Spirit Valley First Challenge Penticton Canada and Benjamin Moore True Colours have put together “Roll Out The Red Carpet Packages” for local businesses and community. Each package starts with a red “Welcome” mat with 2 more package options including Challenge Welcome Flagging and Challenge Welcome TShirts. There is also additional a la carte items available to purchase, branded car flags, bumper stickers and more.
This is an amazing way for businesses and community to show their support to our athletes and to build excitement as we showcase our region!” said Kelly Hopkins, Marketing and Events Manager for Valley First Challenge Penticton Canada. “We wanted the community an opportunity to get involved at a new level. To be able to let the triathlon community know that we appreciate their business and energy!”
The program is aimed to reach all areas of the race course including, OK Falls, Oliver, Osoyoos, Cawston, Keremeos and Penticton.
“We’re hoping to have a regional involvement as this course highlights the many spectacular areas the region offers.” said Hopkins. “We know from our post race research last year that our athletes travel throughout the region and spend additional vacation time throughout.”
As sponsor of the program, Benjamin Moore True Colours Window and Coverings said, “Benjamin Moore believes in ‘For everything that matters’, and we believe in ‘community matters’. We support Challenge because athletes matter.”
Challenge Volunteers will be approaching local businesses to pre- order packages and deadline for ordering is July 27, 2014. Packages will be delivered the week of August 15 in time to Roll Out The Red Carpet. Volunteers are needed for the promotion of the program within the region. To volunteer for Roll Out The Red Carpet or to order your package today Contact Peggy Gilmore at email@example.com or call the Valley First Challenge Penticton Canada office at 250-276-2163.
For more information on the available packages and items, please download the files below.
June 9th, 2014
Marketing and Events Assistant –Temporary F/T Approximately 14 weeks May-Sept – Penticton, BC
Under the Jobs Canada project we are seeking a full time student to assist us in the execution of our 2014 race. Applicants need to be a current full time post secondary student.
Reporting to the Marketing and Events Manager, the Marketing Assistant provides exceptional service to the marketing stakeholders of the Valley First Challenge Penticton Canada event including Sponsors, Athletes, Merchandising, Pro Athletes and Events.
Under general supervision, prepare a wide variety of internal and external communication and marketing materials specifically:
• Produce bi-weekly marketing report
• Produce Challenge Club marketing and set up of monthly social events
• Design marketing collateral for online and print advertising campaigns
• Communicate marketing initiatives advertising partners for email marketing
• Support the Manager of Marketing & Events with the customer service of our valued sponsors
• Ensuring sponsorship fulfillment is processed
• Ensure the consistency of the Challenge Branding both internally and externally
• Assist in the coordination of the Valley First Challenge Penticton Canada Expo with Volunteer Expo Coordinator
• Assist the Manager of Marketing & Events with the preparation and execution of festival and community events
• Assist in execution of media conferences
• Assists in developing and implementing social media plans, monitoring and responding to activity and posting regular updates. Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities.
• Update website
• Performing other duties and special projects as assigned by Manager of Marketing & Events.
• Superior oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with supporting large events an asset.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
• High level of energy and strong goal orientation.
• Computer literacy including Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook.
• Experience with Constant Contact as asset.
• Graphic Design and experience using Microsoft Publisher and Powerpoint.
• Must be exceptionally detail-oriented and able to successfully coordinate and prioritize multiple, concurrent project demands within established timelines
• Must possess a strong work ethic, sense of urgency and positive attitude
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
• • Ability to manage multiple priorities and workflows
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Ability to work independently and also as a member of various teams and committees
Education and Experience
Enrolled in post-secondary as part of Canada Summer Jobs requirement preferably in Marketing and/or Event Management
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.orgTags: employment, jobs, marketing, marketing assistant, summer jobs, triathlon
May 22nd, 2014
In another move to elevate the growth of Valley First Challenge Penticton Canada, Cannery Brewery has come onboard as the official beer sponsor for the 2014 race.
Announced this morning by Kelly Hopkins, Marketing and Events Manager, the 2014 triathlon which takes place on Aug 24, will have its own branded Cannery Brewing beer to celebrate the event. “Challenge” Lager will be packaged in specially-created “Challenge” themed cans and will be available for sale at Penticton-based liquor stores and on tap at select Penticton restaurants, pubs and bars.
“The opportunity to partner with Cannery Brewery is an important one for our race,” said Hopkins. “We wanted to work with a local brewery and Cannery was an amazing fit. To work with Cannery to create our own branded beer that will capture the essence of our event was definitely an exceptional addition to the partnership.”
Patt Dyck, owner of Cannery Brewing echoed Hopkins’s comments. “We feel very blessed to be a part of the Penticton community. We started Cannery Brewing almost 15 years ago in Penticton and thanks to the incredible support of the community we are still here today. Becoming a sponsor of the Valley First Challenge Penticton Canada is our way of showing support for this great event and our community. We look forward to being a part of the growth of the Challenge brand and this race in the coming years.”
Everyone is invited to think about a name for the new Challenge Lager and submit their ideas in a fun beer naming contest. Dyck expanded, “Given the launch of our new partnership, we thought we would start with a bang and issue a ‘challenge’ to help us name our new beer. The Challenge Lager will be crisp, clean, light and refreshing – perfect to enjoy after running across the finish line or while cheering on the racers! In addition to getting the honour of naming this new beer, the winner’s name will be referenced on the new can packaging and the winner will receive a prize package from Cannery Brewing and Valley First Challenge Penticton valued at over $200 and 2 VIP tickets for race day on August 24th.” To submit a name for consideration for this new Challenge Lager, please email it to email@example.com or enter it on the Challenge Penticton or Cannery Brewing Facebook pages. All entries must be received by May 31st. The winner will be announced on June 2nd.
For more information on Cannery Brewing, visit www.CanneryBrewing.com, call 250.493.2723 or drop by and see them in the Brewery, which is located in the historic Cannery Trade Centre in Penticton.Tags: beer, cannery brewery, challenge penticton, contest, triathlon
Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here